Some of my whatnots

Friday, December 31, 2010

GraceLand 2010.

GraceLand 2010.

2010 has been a tough ride for me. The moment I entered my amusement park for the year, it was as if the inventors of the modern world came up with a turbo charged flying-sometimes-submerging-and-at-all-times-rapid rollercoaster. Just like any kid, entering an amusement park can be very exciting at the same time terrifying. I remember my star city days, i cried my ass of when my mother pushed me to go inside the "gabi ng lagim." But I bet she couldn't draw my face when I anticipated the ever so fabulous roller coaster ride. Oh the Joy!!! That 3 minute roller coaster ride wiped out the 1 hour horrible memory of my "gabi ng lagim" experience.

So what's with all these amusement park talk? Well. I'm sharing a few attractions in this post so let's get rolling.

1st attraction: HALL OF MIRRORS.

2010, as I typed earlier has been tough on me. It left a few scars and some open wounds. Several problems attacked me from behind and left me scarred and well, hurt. I entered the hall of mirrors for the first time. I saw a few mirrors with my reflection in several shapes and sizes, I was surprised at what I saw until a mirror cracked open and shattered into bits and pieces. I tried picking up the fragments that fell on my lap, but they were just too sharp for my well-pampered hands. All my life, I lived with an assurance that everything will be okay, and everything will take place according to what I want them to be. Life made me believe that I could easily solve off my problems with just one snap. Turns out I was terribly wrong. It just came like a hurricane, swiftly rummaging through my life and leaving a BIG MESS. Damn, it was just depressing. I cried myself to sleep every night, everytime I asked the Lord for petitions. I had to sweat off all the stress in my being by keeping myself busy all day along, even if I had to face the computer 10 hours/day.


2nd attraction: Jungle Coaster, everybody's favorite.

I also lost a couple of friends this year. I don't know how it happened but it just did. I compare it to the muchd-anticipated favorite good 'ol ride that usually takes an hour or so in queue, but here you are thinking that all this lining up is worth it cause this is your favorite ride.

There are three things that I look forward to whenever I come home to Davao. (1) The presence of my family, that is: My mom, My dad and My sister. (2) The Achico people, cause they're really family to me and of course (3) my High School friends.

This year, my favorite kuya/ate from Achico left for Dubai.

I can still recall and re-enact the scene when we played jackstones and danced Pearly shells on our first store in Victoria Plaza. Ate Boy. Our family considered him as the pseudo-manager of our store cause he handled the cash register and the flow of stocks. But more than that Boy has been my ultimate all-around-kasamahan for the past 19 years. I burst out laughing whenever I enter our store and we just crack up and dance like crazy. We also had rounds of Spaghetti and Zagu drinks everytime we felt like it's Spaghetti-Zagu day. Hai, the light of our store was ate Boy. But one thing I miss the most about Boy? The way he brags that HELL YEAH HE LOOKS LIKE LUIZ MANZANO.. and since you're off the hook.. okay then. :) You're wayyy better than Luis Manzano. Okay?haha

Someone I used to treat as my sister quit on me and it pains me to hear her say that she has finally given up on me. Partly, I know it was my fault. I know there were times when I failed to give her the attention that she was supposed to get and maybe.. I was just too far for comfort. I am not mad and I try not to be, but the bitterness stays and it is inevitable, just like my stay in Manila. As much as it hurts to hear her name or see her in my feeds every now and then, I just can't hold on to my grudge forever. Acceptance and Letting go. Maybe she was just really meant to be a phase in my life, but nevertheless I feel thankful. She was a really good friend. She stayed by my side whenever I drowned myself in tears. She lit up my mood by sending my self-made graphics text messages and she loved me like a real sister but we just had to end our bod abruptly or else we'll end up making a fool out of ourselves. Thanks to her, I was able to find and affirm to myself, that I have a real best-friend. :) which leads me to my next ride.

3rd Attraction: SHIP'S AHOY!!!

You know that one ride in the theme park where in you just can't keep your butt off? That every time you get off you just rush off to the entrance and line up again? One thing I like about Reine is that no matter how fucked up the situation is, we still get to smile and laugh our asses of. You know that unlikely event (of a water landing?hahahaha k) of wearing yourself off from a series of mischaps, wherein you wake up at 6am in the morning and rush off to makati to meet the man of your dreams, you arrive at his hotel that is 24 floors high and you have no idea on what floor he is checked in, then you go down because you're tired but only to know that you actually stopped at his floor and HIS ROOM, then the moment you were about to go up again, the bouncer just well...bounces you off and then you just die. That my friend, is a true story and we've had worse experiences than that was a royal pain the butt but since we're both born crazy and a litte retarded, we had no choice but to laugh it all off and still be proud that we almost met ADAM YOUNG. I've never had someone who supported me in everything I wanted to do in my life, including giving a letter to the crush of my life and attending E-Live after school. I could name a million reasons on why Reine is my Ship's Ahoy ride but I don't think I can name one on why I hate her. :) Now that my friend, was just too mush to handle. But cheers to a year of friendship, daii. Watch out 2011, more of our
undescribable trips will invade you.

4th Attraction: Bump Cars, the classic but never a miss.

Ever experienced lining up for bump cars and your mom yells at you because for the past 8 years you've been asking her to drive the bump car for you and she ends up dizzy and taking 500mg of medicol. Oh The Joy. But no, not this year, I'm driving the car by myself. Right? You all know that I am a fan-girl. I've been with this business for quite some time now and every year, my fan interests increase in number. This year was not an exception, oorrr is it? Well maybe it is because this year I broke my record. Aside from joining, I started founding. I founded 4 fan groups this year and joined 5, I think orrr was it 6 or perhaps 7?

I started Owl City Philippines last March 2, 2010. And at this moment I have 3,178 little owls hooting for Owl City. I feel emancipated at the thought. I started with a forum that had less than 10 members and boy did I jump in excitement when that forum hit 100 and now I have 3 thousand!!! 3 T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D. DUDE. I believe that I am quite lucky when investing time
in fangroups. This year I was able to prove that fangirling indeed can transcend borders cause I have friends from Indonesia (APAN KABAR?) Taiwan (Ni Hao Ma?) Korea (AIGOO, EOTTOKHE?) Brunei (Ehhh? Sorry, I am yet to learn), Thailand (EHHH?? Selamat? orrr) And here.. SPAIN & PORTUGAL! (Ola amiga! Quiero escucho musico en owl city) hahaha

to name I own Owl City Philippines, Hoi Hoi Lovers International, JasonDerulooooPh, Yoo Ah In Ph, Song Joong Ki Ph.

to name I joined AirenPh, GuiLun, JerellaPh, Shin Min Ah soompi.

to name I made friends with Colwin, Carl, Dowe, Roselle, Paola, MJiohn, Pc!~, Partnerrrr, Camille, Anace, Shaylaman, Ilovesnowhite, Abby, Ivan, Sheila, Leni and more.


Honestly, I enjoyed my 2010 despite all the hullaballoo that happened. It was...an extraordinary year for in the past 12 months I was able to discover the many sides of me. I think.

What I'm trying to say is that all of us have our fair of rides. Some are really supertastically fun, some are boringly sleepy, some are just ok-so-so and some are just too bumpy and too horrible to function. But no one can deny that everytime we pay the amusement park a visit, we just feel extremely awesome and...well, good. Oh well, it's time to close this years park and build a new one. It's a process, that's why we have 12 months. :D Right? So friends, fasten your seatbelt as the long ride is about to start.

-Grace

1 comment: