Some of my whatnots

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My own bowl of friends ♥ Part 1

One reason why I can't keep myself of the computer or my phone during nighttime is that either I'm thoroughly searching and posting in various fan-forums or I'm chatting nonstop with my fan-base friends.

I've been dealing with different fan-groups and fan-bases for the past 6 years and in the course of time I've had my fair share of friends. From different regions and localities: Visaya, Pampangueno, Cebuano..etc. From different countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Spain, Brunei, Thailand..etc. and different languages: Filipino, Purely English, Conyo English, Filipino-English, Pseudo Mandarin, Trying to be Korean + English and jejemons* hahahaha kk.



So I'm starting with Orange and Lemons. Basically, my friendship with these "dayap**" people started off in our Yahoo! Group wherein everything was so complicated, I can't even imagine myslef posting in a Yahoo Group. Gosh, the thought sends chills up and down my spine haha. So Yeah. Then I started joining this "text clan" wherein a group of fans will text you with multiple messages and you do the same. The format usually went like this:

Hello Good evening ONL listers. Grace here, grabe nakakapagod talaga today. kamusta po ang lahat? Mitzie: Hi mumsy. kamusta? sensya na di nakapagreply. Angela: ui antagal nating, di nagusap. kekeke. Erika: Ui, nakabili nako ng album!!! Hi po sa mga new members ng text clan, text2 na tayo!!

I was on unlitext almost everyday. If I look at it now, it looks jologs but mind you, text clans were ultracool during those days especially when you're a part of the "IT group" - meaning the group where in there is that someone who's actually close to your object of interest (in my case, it's MCOY FUNDALES). And soon after our text escapades, I achieved my goal: get Mcoy's number.

It went on for a year until I met up with the MOD's! (The Moderators: The kings/The queens/The heads of the YG) and ONL of course, they were...okay. Awkward? Yes, a little bit but nevertheless they were entertaining and even introduced me to the band manager so yeah.

At the present, I only have 2 ONL friends left that I still keep in touch with Angela & Mitzie and sometimes I still get a few messages from fellow ONL fans but we rarely open up the topic of ONL.
So lemme say Hi to Ecay, Imee, Tonet, Lui, Cha, Monica and to a girl with the name that starts with a K (whom I used to call lula).





And so next I'd want to leave a shoutout to my fellow JBNOYS. Yes Aloha, Kitkat, Jasmine, Brug, Fiey, EIRA!! Em, Maui, Jhoanne, Marian, Carla, Kate, Lia, Alyssa and Bryan.

These guys, I tell you are full of awesomeness. Literally. haha One word that I learned and repititively said because of the JBNOYS is "awesome." I met the JBNOYS last October 2008 at the smforfree forums. I started off as a light poster of the forum, lurking around and saving pictures of Joe Jonas but it became a habit. I was so obsessed in making friends with them that I had to squeeze of all the English in me to join the convo's haha. English wasn't really a requirement but it was the medium of communication in the forums. What I liked most about the Jbnoys is the way they trusted me and considered me as part of their family, right away. No questions asked. I just felt loved. Text clans were already a thing of the past and so our medium of communication was PLURK!

Then the time came for us too meet up, in time for the Jonas Brothers concert in3d! I was quite surprised when they offered me a ticket. I felt blessed. There were also instances when we met up for other activities (Metro Station mall tour...etc.)

I lost contact with the other JBnoys after those two events but I remained good friends with Jasmine, Eira (whom I frequently talk to, usually heart to heart stories) Carla, Alyssa and Bryan.

I consider Bryan as my ultimate internet-based turned to real-life friend. We've been constantly in touch ever since and we've been talking endlessly about fan based stuff. What's cool is when the shift of interests happened, we were both on the same track (Leaves a shoutout to fellow Korean fans, KATE AND LIA!) admiring Korean entertainment + we've had adventures of our own (specifically in Quiapo, Taft, Showtime HAHAHAHA).

Plus I feel thankful I have a friend like Alyssa, whom I can call on when I have extra concert tickets for Jason Derulo. Or when I felt like eating at sizzling pepper steak. I also feel blessed I have someone like Kate, who supported me in my OWL CITY masterplan of stalking. Jhoanne, who helped me developed the masterplan mentioned. Eira who talks to me very often (bec before we never really talked, we just smiled at each other haha) and Jasmine who's full of wittiness inside her.





Then came Owl City. I never thought that I'd end up with an organization that will have at least 2,500 likes in less than a year. Originally, I just wanted to admire Owl City from a distance but the fan-girl in me just couldn't hold that. I watched the Owl City concert with my bestfriend, Reine and noticed 4 people staring at our VIP tickets, I was ticked off at first but I just can't resist the temptation of befriending them. We ended up as good friends and told Hanako Amihan to join us in the newly born, Owl City Philippines. Then I met a few more owls who I constantly talked to.

So I'm sending out my hoots to Isay, Marg, Jeisper, Megan and Colwin. For being the 1st batch of Hootowls to grace Owl City Ph. Let me give you a thousand hugs for you inspired me to do my best in creating and maintaining an OCPH community.

to Carl, Paola, Dowe, Roselle, Daniela and the rest of the OCPH family. May we continue to grown in number and take flight as another year of Owl City goodness will take place in 2011.

I've been with OCPH for less than a year but it feels as if I've been with them forever. What I love most about these Hootowls is the way they treat me with respect and care. I also love the fact that my fan base addiction has gone global that extends throught the borders of Indonesia, UK and Australia. Waves to my bestest Owl friend, Anjani. Anjani is the very first international hootowl that I talked to, she's Indonesian and I consider her as on the greatest source of OC information. She's really fun to talk to and she's very entertaining. I feel more enticed to visit Indonesia now.

And Colwin, my shoti. haha To be honest, I've had my whirlwind of emotions with Colwin. There were times when I was extremely bothered by his acts towards me (*OCPH games haha) and also extremely thankful that I have a little brother like him. I've always wanted a little brother whom I can talk to and relate too. Plus Colwin has been helping me score goodies from various sources since he is a great prize winner?haha and he's just super adorkable that i can't resist saying no when he needs my company as an "achie"

and everyday, I meet new little owls who never fail to amaze me like Adam Young did. We're still on our 3rd quarter as a fanbase and I believe we still have a long long journey to take flight to. I can't describe how excited I am.



The Kayjies. I must confess that I sort of kept my true identity to them during the first quarter of our friendship. I created another separate account in facebook that was exclusively for the KAYJIES. Then we started to plan things, this time the plans were meant to be achieved. I was at shock at first but I soon succumbed to the leadership that was entrusted to me. ♥ I liked it a lot. Through the help of global fans from Hawaii, NY, Cali, etc.. and local fans, we were able to fully organize a Get Together (with KAYE AND GUJI) that had at least 30 attending members. It was my first time to attend (and plan) a gathering for local artists. I admit that the moment Guji crossed my vision, my heart leaped and did multiply somersaults. And so, I started breaking down the big wall of hidden personality. I constantly communicated with the Kayjies, here and abroad. I remember the days where in I had to rush off to the 4 sides of UST to find a Tarpaulin Printing shop for our KAYJI E-Live guesting.

Ahhh, a lot of things happened to me because of KAYJI. I gained a lot of ate's here and abroad. I have nay anne - my first ever friend in the group, ate lunet - my confidante hahaha you know* and achie priss. The Kayjies call them the "globies" for they are around, well...the world? haha. No doubt that these are definitely the ate's that I wish I had. For once in my life, I felt that I was a "bunso." Life as the "panganay" is so hard and sometimes all you need is a break, that moment wherein someone will take care of you and send you ♥s and kisses. I have always wondered what I would be like if ever I wasn't the one in-charge of making decisions. These ate's made me feel that even though I am a bunso, I can still be responsible and independent and that made me feel proud. They entrusted a lot of things to me, and once, even the movement of the whole group. I FELT INVINCIBLE hahaha (??)

I also had Guji as my kuya. I loved the way he treated me like his little sister, though at first he was really my object of interest haha. I felt touched when he trusted me and appreciated me for the things I did for KAYJI. I do not aim to be special or to be noticed, I originally planned to just stay behind the curtains and do my work and tasks but kuya made me feel special, enough for me to come out and tell the world that I'm a true-blooded KAYJIe.

So a shoutout to my ate's - ate Loree (I've never seen someone so organized, cheersss!) ate che, ate malou, ate connie, ate luz, ate rose, rose kho hahaha, kuya aldrin, cyndi, mimi, ate Susannnnn! ate Ces, ate Melody, kaye, kriz, rhyme, vanessa, ate ann paparazzi, ate ching, quirky, tita ghet, tita cynth and to all the Kayjies. You guys are really family to me.



Wow, I think I was carried away haha time to sleep since I need to attend my missa de gallo tomorrow morning. Hoping to bump into him again. :) Happy Week Ahead.

**dayap - Filipino for Lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment